Heaton Hawks JFC Annual General Meeting was held on Friday 11th of July 2014 at Benfield Centre for Excellence.
The minutes of the meeting can be found below.
– 27 Present
– No Apologies
Firstly I must apologise that this AGM has taken so long to materialise. It has been a very difficult last 14 months for me and my family and unfortunately my role as secretary at the Club did fall by the wayside as you can appreciate this was not my main priority. The secretary’s role at the Hawks is a very important, daily, hands on role and I feel I have not given my full support to the Club. Therefore this coming season I will be stepping down as secretary and also as from my role as treasurer. I will of course be around to advise and help our new secretary and hopefully in the near future I can come back and fully focus on The Hawks once again but for the time being I will be taking a back seat. The Hawks has been my life for 17 years and along with Rob and Sean who were with me at the beginning of this journey, this Club is something myself and the lads are very proud of.
I would personally like to thank our Chairman Micky Taylor for keeping us afloat this season and I know it has stretched him mentally and emotionally as he has taken far too much on. This cannot continue and we need more personal to lighten the load and support Micky and the rest of the Committee
Unfortunately We have not had an organised AGM for nearly 2 seasons so I have not released any minutes from the last one as I felt it pointless .This will not happen in future as AGM’s will be organised for the June / July period of every year.
• Once again a successful season on and off the pitch and As with our FA 5 year development plan we have progressed the Club as it continues to grow with the girls section moving ahead well with 3 teams at Under 11/12 + 13’s and to add under 14’s this coming season Club Membership now exceeds 290 and we have 22 teams.
• This year in the 13/14 season the 7/8 / 9 + 10’s once again played their football in the N’cle Mini Soccer league whilst one of our u 9’s played at KYPC. Our 11’s to 17’s play in the Pinpoint Recruitment Junior League.
• Following the demise of our Under 19’s due to being let down by Heaton Stannington and so as to keep our FA Community standard we had an informal link to Gosforth Bohemians where 6 of the u 19’s went to play for their first and 2nd teams. There is still a link there but hopefully following next season we will have our own senior team
• The Friday /Saturday Fun Club went from strength to strength and this has enabled us to now form 3 teams at Under 7/8’s for the coming season. Thanks to Micky for starting this off and Richie and Paul for taking it over and running with it I notice more coaches are trying to reach FA Level 2 standard and it’s also pleasing to see past players coming in to coach the little ones. It is great to see Coaches wanting to do this. Surely the kids and the Club will benefit from this
• Richard Stephenson (our U 13’s girls manager) has taken the initiative via the FA and introduced JUST PLAY to the hawks where every Friday evening, anyone, regardless of age or ability can turn up at The Manor for an organised kick out. This will continue throughout the winter months at Benfield 3G. Any coaches interested please see Richard for details
• Benfield 3G is where a lot of our winter training will be this coming season as the facility is new. We have signed up to be a partner club with the Benfield sports Centre. This will enable us to come way from the heaton manor astro and this surface will greatly benefit the children
• The Hawks had again held a number of cup finals this year and also the end of season under 7/8’s N’cle Mini Soccer Tournament. Feedback had been very positive with the promise of more finals next season
• The Clubs Charity Status was eventually gained and as you are well aware our nominated charity is CHUF. Obviously this is something that is very close to my heart and I thank you for choosing this Charity. I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me this last 14 months and also kind thanks for the way you have supported the charity. In total we have raised approx. £3k for CHUF and I would like to personally thank Alan Toward for his fundraising efforts. The Parents v Coaches match seems to be an annual fundraiser that we will be keeping as the parents hope to get their revenge next season
• The Manor – As you can see the Manor is not in the best condition due to council cuts. It is uncertain as to what is to happen here regarding lining and cutting and Davy Allen is attending an NFA meeting next week with this on the agenda. It may well be that in the future the Hawks will have to undergo the M’tce themselves
• Presentation Night – This year we changed the venue and did an “all in one night” at the NE6 Suite . It ran quite well but feedback said it was a little bit too long. This night is very difficult to organise and produce and We will look at this again and possibly hold a suggestion box ideas for parents to comment on and possibly for them to give other ideas for a Presentation night
• “SUBS” remained at £3 in 13/14 season and will remain at £3 for the coming season. A £10 membership fee was levied to the members and for this the children received a rain jacket with badge and child’s initials. This season will be the same but undecided as to what attire will be bought. Unfortunately in this economic climate things are tight but we must raise funds and sponsorship for the Club to survive
• As you will notice in the Committee member’s elections later there has been more members added to the Executive Committee. With the Club constantly growing, it is essential this is maintained and possibly added to.
• Thank You’s – Finally I’d like to finish off by Thanking all the managers and coaches for their hard work and endeavour throughout the season. Please remember these people are all volunteers and do a sterling job to help the kids. Also big thanks go to the Exec committee who have served the Club well over the last year and to Bob Day for being the fixture/pitch secretary.
Again Thanks and gratitude to Micky Taylor for leading the Club and finally to Susan and Deborah who ran the kitchen. Please remember all monies go back into the Club.
As Club Treasurer it is John Bowers responsibility for the finance of the Club. Full accounts must be kept at all times. With affiliation to the Northumberland Football Association all Club accounts must be presented to the NFA and audited by them annually. This was done on June 31st of this year. With also being a charity the accounts are also prepared and presented to the Charities Commission. The accounts were discussed and explained thoroughly.
Election of Club Officials/Committee
Before the Election of officers took place the Secretary John Bower asked to change the running of the agenda as a new ruling to the Clubs constitution needed to be changed before the re-election of the new officials. With the Club continually growing it was to accommodate more executive committee officials. It was agreed to change the Constitution to allow the increase in election of 12 Trustees/Executive committee plus 2 co-opted Members as opposed to previously being 12 maximum officials – AGREED
The previous year’s Club officials then resigned. New election of 11 officials and 2 co-opted members then took place
• Chairman – Micky Taylor – proposed by Sean Stobbs, seconded by Rob Davidson.
• Vice Chairman – Sean Stobbs – proposed by John Bower, seconded by Richie Martin.
• Secretary – David Allan – proposed by Donna Atkinson, seconded by Alan Toward.
• Assistant Secretary – John Bower – proposed by Sean Stobbs, seconded Mark Atkinson.
• Treasurer – Paul Wright – proposed by Richie Martin, seconded by Scott Chilvers.
• Child Welfare Officer (1) – Rob Davidson – proposed by Andy Burr, seconded by Richard Stephenson.
• Child Welfare Officer (2) – Donna Atkinson – proposed by Mark Atkinson, seconded by Alan Toward.
• Girls Development Officer – Colin Archer – Proposed by John Bower, seconded Mark Atkinson.
• Fundraising Officer(s) – Alan Toward and Donna Atkinson – proposed by David Allan, seconded by Rob Davidson.
• Web Administrator – Michael Taylor Jnr – proposed by Scott Chilvers, seconded by Daniel Taylor.
• Community Liaison Officer – Richard Stephenson – proposed by Donna Atkinson, seconded by Paul Wright.
• Kit/Store Manager – Mark Atkinson – Proposed by Donna Atkinson, seconded by Michael Taylor.
• Co–opted Members – Richie Martin and Scott Johnson – proposed by Paul Wright and Rob Davidson, seconded by Sean Stobbs and Donna Atkinson.
Amend any alterations to Club Rules, Club Policies and Constitution
There were no amendments to Club Rules, Policies but a new ruling to the Constitution was changed and agreed (see above).
Any Other Business
There was no “any other business” as the secretary had not received any correspondence in writing from members 14 days prior to the AGM.
THE SECRETARY THANKED EVERYONE FOR THEIR ATTENDANCE AND THE AGM WAS NOW CLOSED.